Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst IV
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Information Technology
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Fred Hutch Center IT (CIT) is looking for a technology focused senior business analyst to support a portfolio of process improvement and technical projects in support of our mission: Providing IT & data services to accelerate the elimination of disease.
This position requires process and/or application expertise and strong leadership skills to work with key stakeholders, end users and project team members to identify and resolve issues throughout the project phases of assessment, design, build, testing, training and implementation. This role is responsible for frequently taking the formal or informal lead on project planning tasks and mentoring other project teammates as appropriate.
- Works with business partners to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements
- Drives authoring/co-authoring business cases; identifies opportunities for future enhancements and modifications
- Work with subject matter experts to develop As-Is and To-Be business process work flows
- Negotiates innovative business solutions that satisfy customer needs, consistent with architectural guidelines and security standards
- Works with multiple stakeholders to assess the impact of proposed solutions and facilitate deployments
- Works with IT teammates to conduct system testing and business partners for user acceptance testing
- Assists project team with transition to operations tasks and documentation
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience as a technology focused business analyst
- BA/BS Computer Science, Business or equivalent experience
- IIBA or PMI BA accreditation preferred but not required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management skills, tools, and methodologies
- Experience working with vendors, consultants and other purchased services