Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gift Shop Sales Associate
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Nursing and Nursing Support
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing sales assistance to customers, assisting with merchandising, stocking, and receiving inventory and performing oncology related sales and consultations. This employee will receive and enter inventory into our Point of Sale system, contribute to marketing efforts, open and close store, process sales transactions, direct the work of volunteers and assist customers with sales. This position is located at the SCCA’s oncology retail store, Shine.
Work Schedule: Position is required to work one Saturday per month 11am-3pm. Monday and Friday 10:30am-6pm and Thursdays (if not working Saturday) 10:30am-6pm. 20 hours per week.
- Receives inventory into our POS system – tagging, stocking, inventory management and transferring product.
- Processes sales transactions – assists customers, accepts payment, refunds, and exchanges. Includes opening and closing of store and till reconciliation and deposits into safe.
- Create merchandising and product displays, both in-store and at off-site events assisting with marketing goods and services (including contributing to social media marketing efforts).
- Direct the work of volunteer staff during shifts – assigning projects and ensuring tasks are complete.
- Assist with fittings as permissible via training and competence – wigs, canes, compression products and assist with customer/patient files as requested.
- Contribute to department performance improvement efforts.
- High School graduate or GED
- Minimum of three years of retail sales experience
- Proficiency using a cash register/point of sale system
- Ability to enter data accurately
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service both in person and via telephone communications
- BA/BS in related field of study
- Quickbooks Point of Sale experience
- Experience in fitting compression garments and wigs