Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Allied Health
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Dosimetrist performs necessary functions on treatment planning software(s) to result in acceptable plan for delivery of prescribed radiation dose to a patient.
- Perform external beam radiation therapy planning procedures and dose calculations. Planning utilizes CMS XiO and Monaco; a 3-D planning system proprietary to Elekta.
- Perform high dose radiation therapy (HDR) planning procedures and dose calculations. Planning utilizes BrachyVision; a planning system proprietary to Varian.
- Use Mosaiq as EMR and other associated software to accomplish this end.
- Work with physicians, residents, physics, therapists and other RadOnc staff to ensure the patients plan and treatment are simulated, planned and treated in a dosimetrically appropriate and efficient manner.
- Follow Physician directives to create radiation plans using the treatment planning software(s) and present resultant dosimetry plan.
- Assist in Simulation process with Therapists/Physicians/Physicists as requested.
- Perform charge capture for procedures performed. Execute reconciliation of charges with documentation in EMR.
- Follow treatment planning protocol directives to create and submit appropriate radiation plans according to the protocol instructions.
- Assist in training other dosimetrists, therapy students and radiation oncology residents.
- Bachelors degree preferred, specifically in Radiation Therapy, Math, or Physics.
- Must be a graduate of a Medical Dosimetry school or a certified radiation therapist with 2 or more years on the job training as a Medical Dosimetrist.
- Must be board certified in Dosimetry as recognized by MDCB.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- May be required to lift, carry or push up to 40lbs.
- Elekta CMS XiO and Monaco Treatment Planning Systems
- Mosaiq EMR software
- Varian BrachyVision Treatment Planning System
- MU Check Secondary Calculation Software
- Elekta Simulator
- Elekta Accelerators: Synergy & Infinity with Agility heads