Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Histotechnician I
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Allied Health
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Clinical Histotechnician I is responsible for producing high quality histology work for SCCA patients and clients. A Clinical Histotechnician I position requires sound judgement, attention to detail and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. The technician will work under the direction of the supervisory staff and will have close interactions with the Department Manager and Pathologists.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday; 6-2:30pm
- Receive, accession specimen using LIS computer system.
- Process various specimens according to protocol and in a timely manner.
- Prepare specimens using various methods including paraffin sections, frozen sections, and cytocentrifugation. Section specimens on a microtome.
- Perform various routine and special stain histochemical procedures, Perform Immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization.
- Prepare reagents, maintain laboratory equipment, record data, and file tissue blocks and slides. Assume responsibility for reagent and supply inventories. Order supplies in a timely manner.
- Complete in a timely manner all assigned maintenance duties related to the IHC area and equipment.
- Perform all duties related to on-call work.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- HT (ASCP) certification required within 6 months of employment
- Sound judgment
- Work under direction of supervisory staff
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to troubleshoot situations
- Associate degree