Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sonographer I - Breast Center/Non Contract-UFCW
at EverGreen HealthCare
Work Hours: 1 - varies
BREAST CENTER POSITION
The accomplished Level I, is accomplished in one or more of the following applications: General (abdominal, OB, GYN, Small parts and breast) and presents the findings to the interpreting radiologists on the level appropriate with the ARMDS level I Sonographer.
a. Preforms Ultrasound examinations in different specialties including: General Breast, assisting with interventional procedures, including biopsies, aspirations and/or localizations
1. Analyzes patient’s general body configuration to analyze the most acceptable examination approach.
2. Assists with introduction or placement and the application of various ultrasound transducers
3. Assists with the introduction or placement of intra cavity devices, as well as needles designed for biopsy.
4. Provides portable examinations at bedside as requested by attending physician and processes the documenting video film.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• ARDSM eligible by date of hire. Certified in Abdomen and Breast with one year of employment history.
• Graduate of Accredited Ultrasound Program.
• Training specific to the operation and use of Ultrasound scanners.
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification by date of hire.
DESIRED for the position:
• 1 year of experience in Breast ultrasound
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21.