Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ophthalmic Assistant - Certified
at EverGreen HealthCare
Work Hours: 24
***Up to $3,000.00 sign on bonus for experienced Ophthalmic Assistants with a minimum of one year experience and new employee of EvergreenHealth***
***Employee Referral Campaign available****
Provides entry level professional medical and administrative help for ophthalmologist in a clinical setting. Works under general supervision.
1. Greets and rooms patients per organizational standards. Takes patient history.
2. Performs basic and routine vision screening examinations and records visual acuity.
3. Educates patients on eye care, contact lens care and in preparation for surgical procedures.
4. Manages and administers eye medications as indicated per provider orders.
5. Restocks and cleans exam rooms after patient care.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• WA State Medical Assistant Registration within 60 days of hire. (Current WA State Medical Assistant Certification can be substituted)
• Current JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) certification
• 1 year of experience working in an optometry or ophthalmology practice
• General knowledge of anatomy, pharmacology, medical terminology, sterilization techniques and basic eye care.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
DESIRED for the position:
• Previous Certified Ophthalmic Assistant experience