Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gift Shop Associate
at EverGreen HealthCare
Work Hours: 1 - varies
Per Diem Position - days and hours vary per week
Responsible for the operation of the EHMC Gift Shop. Duties include customer service, merchandise display, volunteer training, stocking, record keeping, helping manager as needed. Provides additional coverage for gift shop, oversees gift shop and hospital volunteer staff as needed. Provides friendly, accurate and efficient customer service to visitors, patients and staff. Manages the patient experience to bring positive results and operational excellence. Provides mature and supportive oversight for all volunteers.
1. Ensures the successful operation of the EvergreenHealth Coral and Silver Gift Shops.
2. Provides and trains volunteers to provide high quality customer service.
3. Processes phone orders and fulfills online orders.
4. Maintains merchandise by receiving, unpacking, pricing and placing in storage or on display.
5. Restocks merchandise, keeping record of inventory levels. Communicates stock levels to manager.
6. Oversees opening and closing procedures for the Gift Shops.
7. Opens, operates and closes cash registers as needed.
8. Makes Gift Shop deposits as needed.
9. Follows all safety rules. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
o High School graduate or equivalent
o Previous retail /sales experience
o Ability to communicate effectively by phone and in person with staff, visitors, patients, volunteers and potential volunteers
o Ability to learn proper computer-based cash register processes and procedures
o Good organizational skills
DESIRED for the position:
o Merchandise processing experience
o Healthcare experience