Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at EverGreen HealthCare
Work Hours: varies
EvergreenHealth will advance the health of the community it serves through our dedication to high quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective healthcare.
Performs EEGs in the laboratory and at the bedside of critically ill patients. Represents EEG services to physicians, other healthcare providers, and to the community.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs EEGs according to established standards.
2. Obtains and writes an accurate and concise comprehensive patient history gathering appropriate information from patient, patient’s record, and family members to include history of seizures, other neurological symptomatology and medications.
3. Communicates the testing process accurately and prepares patient for procedure.
4. Measures and accurately applies electrodes in a timely manner, according to the International 10-20 and 10-10 system. Ensures that electrode impedances meet laboratory standards.
5. Calibrates, evaluates and adjusts the EEG instrument to proper technical standards with emphasis on sensitivity, time axis, and mechanical and electrical baselines in order to obtain top-quality EEG recordings.
6. Records EEG activity using standard montages. Labels all pertinent machine settings and clinical observations on the EEG tracing.
7. Recognizes, monitors, documents, and/or eliminates electrode artifacts (patient or environmental), such as high-impedance leads, muscle artifact, eye movements, respiration artifact, and electrocardiogram to obtain an adequate test.
8. Implements alternative methods or adjusts controls to obtain optimal recording. This may include appropriate control setting changes on the machine, use of extra electrodes, extra montages, and use of activation procedures.
9. Prepares an EEG worksheet, including a technical description of the EEG, with emphasis on clinical observations in order to assist the neurologist with the final interpretation.
10. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
11. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Works effectively with co-workers, patients, physicians and functions as part of a team while working efficiently amidst ongoing distractions. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with attention to detail and accuracy. The work requires ability to reason and think logically to solve problems, as well as respond calmly in emergency situations. The work entails the ability to perform work against deadlines and ability to accept leadership from lead and coordinator.
• Knowledge of appropriate actions to take during patient emergency situations and ability to ensure patient safety at all times.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Knowledge of neuroanatomy and physiology, basic electronics and electrical safety, general knowledge of EEG instrumentation, pattern recognition, and various medical and pharmacological conditions that influence the EEG.
• Knowledge of basic infection control standards relating to patient and equipment, including electrodes.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills in interactions with patients, patient families, physicians, and other members of the hospital staff
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• Registered EEG Tech, or registry eligible
• 3 years of EEG experience
• Associate’s degree