Essex Property Trust, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Essex Property Trust, Inc.
- Posted Date
- Job ID
- Position Type
- Full Time
- FLSA Status
- N - Non-Exempt
- Location Name
- Fairwood Pond
- Property - Administrative
- System ID
The person in this position is responsible for all phases of the community’s operations and objectives, and to lead in that capacity in the absence of the Community Manager and is expected to interpret and consistently implement the policies and procedures of the company, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. This position reports to the Sr. Community Manager or Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees, in conjunction with the Community Manager, day-to-day financials, sales, marketing, maintenance, and administrative operations of the community
- Completes accounting responsibilities including revenue management, collections, and timely processing of Deposit Accounting
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Consistently leads by example, monitoring tasks performed by staff, delegates work and provides performance coaching when necessary
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, some college preferred
- Two to five years industry experience preferred or related experience
- Two years bookkeeping or related experience
- Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates
- Solid sales, marketing and customer service experience
- Knowledge of budgets and financial statements and ability to work within budgeted guidelines
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
- Job is intermittently sedentary, but requires mobility (i.e., climb stairs) to tour community on a daily basis
- Will use some repetitive motion of hands/wrists using a computer
- Requires light lifting
Position requires ability to work any of the 7 days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is critical that individuals possess the ability to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job and must attend training classes as scheduled. Work schedules and location assignments are subject to change. Ensure compliance with time management policies including meal and rest periods.