Epiq Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Epiq Systems Inc
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Epiq Project Managers oversee the claims administration piece of class action litigation. Project Managers are the face of Epiq operations to our clients. Internally, they coordinate with our sales representatives, data analysts, web developers, call center supervisors, disbursement specialists, claims analysts and a host of other personnel to ensure project deliverables are met.
This position oversees one or more Project Coordinators in the Client Services department.
A Project Manager (“PM”) must meet critical client requirements, including but not limited to, the following key areas:
- Project Financial Requirements – Provide timely and accurate budget/estimate review and management; monthly revenue forecasting; and monthly invoice review
- Project Execution & Resource Management – Continually monitor, evaluate and guide project staff to meet project deliverables on time, within budget and at the highest quality standards.
- Staff Develop (Project Coordinators) – Consistently applying performance standards and training to develop staff and build a high performing team of industry experts, passionate people managers, critical thinkers and strong problem solvers.
- Process Improvements – PMs should consistently be looking for way to improve Epiq processes and procedures to more profitably deliver services to our clients.
- Economic Objectives – PMs are expected to meet billable hour goals and oversee that similar targets are met for their direct reports.
Towards this goal, the PM will work with stakeholders in operational departments to continually enhance service quality standards to meet and/or exceed client expectations. This position is responsible for fostering a team environment and building cooperation between client services team members, intercompany team members, Epiq company team members, and sales to provide the highest quality service standards, reach revenue targets and obtain efficiency/profit goals.
The PM is directly or indirectly responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating department staff, and establishing programs to ensure that department staff members are well trained and supported. A critical component of the job is to manage and resolve difficult client situations. Succession planning and building a strong talent pool is required.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Extensive project management experience is required. Professional PMP certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred.
- A strong technical orientation, excellent computer skills, exceptional planning and organizational skills, and a keen attention to detail are all required.
- Candidates with prior banking or financial service industry experience will be strongly preferred. Prior client service/project management experience is also preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills are required. Our clients are predominantly lawyers. Successful candidates will possess an understanding of the legal services industry coupled with a strong ability to communicate effectively with lawyers.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Juris Doctorate (JD) or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or similar advanced degree is preferred.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Managing Performance: Ensures that associates have clear goals and objectives, expectations and measures of success for projects and tasks; provides specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, as soon as possible after event.
- Fosters Teamwork: Provides opportunities for people to learn to work together as a team; promotes cooperation with other departments; recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Empowering Others: Gives people latitude to make decisions based on their level, area of responsibility, knowledge and skills; encourages individuals and groups to set their own goals consistent with business goals.
- Managing Change: Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of organizational change;
- Strategic Agility: Clearly understands and articulates the business strategy; continuously ensures team and individual goals are aligned to broader strategic objectives, particularly when there is a change in direction; anticipates future consequences and trends, accurately including their potential impact; maintains broad business knowledge and perspective; creates new, competitive strategies aligned to the broader business strategy.
- Influencing Others: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to persuade others to accept a position or initiative that results in action to positively impact business results; assesses the current situation and adapts interpersonal style to suit the target audience; makes recommendations to achieve a specific impact, effect or course of action adopted by others; seeks mutually beneficial solutions; obtains cooperation from others, including those who are not direct reports.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Epiq is a leading global provider of integrated technology and services for the legal profession, including eDiscovery, managed services, bankruptcy, class action and mass tort administration, federal regulatory actions and data breach responses. Our innovative solutions are designed to streamline the administration of litigation, investigations, financial transactions, regulatory compliance and other legal matters. Epiq’s subject-matter experts bring clarity to complexity, create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to our clients around the world.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
With over 5000 associates worldwide, Epiq operates in 14 countries and over 80 global locations.