Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Account Supervisor, Corporate & Crisis Communications
at Edelman Berland
Edelman's Seattle office has an opening for a seasoned PR practitioner with issues and crisis experience within its corporate practice. We are seeking a Senior Account Supervisor to join our growing team of talented and collaborative communications professionals who support corporate and crisis communications for a diverse mix of clients, including a marquee, global client in the food and beverage sector. This role must sit in Seattle and some relocation assistance will be provided if you're willing to relocate.
As a Senior Account Supervisor (SAS) on issues and crisis, you'll be focused on issues planning and strategy development, as well as triage and response management for multiple pieces of business. You will work with a dynamic, experienced team and provide daily senior counsel, and you'll have the opportunity to grow new parts of the business. You will understand Edelman's various issues processes/approaches and capabilities and will be one of the primary daily contacts for clients. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your expertise and understanding of the integral role corporate and crisis communications plays in all facets of business to Edelman.
- Supports daily communications triage and response, including team coordination and client counsel.
- Leads research, planning and development of comprehensive corporate and crisis communications marketing campaigns
- Oversees account team work quality and operational performance, ensuring deadline adherence, reaction to industry trends and ensuring plan execution maps to client objectives within budget
- Demonstrates strong strategic planning and can provide client counsel for consumer and customer-related issues.
- Demonstrates writing excellence when crafting internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- Demonstrates practical and applied understanding of visual communications, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programs with digital tools, such as blogs, widgets and mobile applications
- Displays strong presentation and client relationships skills
- Capitalizes on relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners
- Recommends and utilizes research and analytics as a key project performance indicator
- Champions integration of teams; uses and becomes one of Edelman's network resources to meet client goals
- Demonstrates understanding of core financial constructs, including revenue, profitability, pricing structures, utilization, realization, budgeting and forecasting and how these play into office-wide revenue targets; imparts this knowledge to junior staff
- Tracks and monitors project financials (e.g., budget vs. actual) and meets client revenue targets
- Initiates new business process, including identifying new business opportunities and helping lead the RFP response process
- Looks for intra- and inter-office specialty area integration opportunities
- Mentors, coaches and supports all team members and ensures self and staff are developing abilities through Edelman Learning Institute and other trainings, including on-the-job training and mentoring
- Sets achievable goals and tasks, delegates opportunities and provides resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measures and recognizes goal-achievement
- Leads by example; demonstrates strong work ethic, mastery of PR tactics and excellent people management
- Contributes to the development of new capabilities and promotes the implementation of new capabilities through words, actions and priorities
- Commits to continuous learning and building technical and leadership skills through training
- Stays up to date with emerging technologies and trends and demonstrates understanding of how they integrate into Communications Marketing programs
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman's values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- At least six years of relevant experience in Public Relations and/or Communications Marketing, preferably in an agency setting
- At least three years of crisis communications experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Ability to manage large projects, as well as teams, on multiple sizable accounts
- Understands clients' businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc.; able to impart this knowledge to team members
- Superior written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively multitask, delegate and manage assignments and accurately evaluate others' work
- Familiar with best-practice integrated Marketing Communications tactics and tools and the ability to appropriately recommend them to executive-level clients and lead the execution of all related projects in house
- Ability to act as a daily client contact for multiple clients simultaneously and possesses a track record of responsible, client-related finance management, including comprehensive managing within client budgets
- Able to manage and inspire a team and to make sound judgments on a daily basis, knowing when to seek senior counsel