Double Down Interactive
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Double Down Interactive
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
If you enjoy being part of a team that works together by taking action to get the work done efficiently and effectively, supports the business by providing accurate financial data, and is always identifying opportunities for process improvement, this dynamic Accounting role is for you. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Accounting, you will be an integral part of a small team that truly collaborates to meet the demands of the business. This is an exciting opportunity as you will be responsible for leading the team through the monthly accounting cycle through financial statements and supporting the budgeting and forecasting process.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting combined with 3-5 years progressive Accounting experience
- Experience with leading junior level staff
- Advanced Excel skills are a must!
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the desire, motivation, and visionary aptitude to engage in more than the typical structured accounting process
Other cards you might be holding
- Technical Accounting skills with knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with ADP and Intacct
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Review purchasing, accounts payable, and payroll transactions, working with the budgets and business partners to ensure proper approvals and timely payments
- Review monthly revenue reconciliations
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Review cash management transactions and maintain cash forecast
- Validate and review payroll taxes, W-2’s, and other ADP reporting
- Prepare and review all state and local tax returns
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package including budget to actual analysis
- Provide analysis and reporting for business including ad-hoc requests
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain a documented system of internal controls
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
- Lead annual audit and maintain ongoing relationship with external auditor
- Prepare analytics and support documentation for quarterly forecasts
- Perform other accounting functions as assigned
Hitting the jackpot
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage the full accounting cycle and gain leadership skills by supporting and reviewing the daily work processed by team members. Throughout your first year, you will become proficient with balance sheet accounts through performing timely account reconciliations and become proficient in completing all accounting cycles through month-end close, management reporting, and financial statements. In doing so, you will also become an efficient user of our accounting system and other analysis tools we use. As if that wasn’t enough, in your free time, you will also contribute to establishing and maintaining best practice policies and procedures, assist with establishing and maintaining internal controls, support the budgeting process, and lead the quarterly external audits.
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.