DigiPen Institute of Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Digital Strategy
at DigiPen Institute of Technology
Director of Digital Strategy
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and fit for this job.
The Director of Digital Strategy will lead a small team within the Marketing and Communications department to create our digital strategy and implement a range of digital marketing projects. This role will be responsible for overseeing our digital channels including, but not limited to: website, paid search, email, texting, display advertising, online content development, and social media. This position will supervise a newly-formed team of existing staff experts who work in an open office environment.
Essential Functions / Goals
- Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Design and Creative Services Team and the Project Management Team to create marketing solutions (including paid advertising) that increase the awareness of DigiPen and preference for its academic programs.
- In cooperation with department staff, refine our lead generation, nurture, and conversion marketing campaigns across all channels. Utilize DigiPen’s brand; values; and faculty, student, and alumni successes to create engaging and consistent content messages for specific audience groups.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy that grows our audience and achieves identified marketing needs. Supervise digital marketing staff in content creation for social media, which currently includes LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications and other staff in evaluating the effectiveness of online marketing efforts for DigiPen’s campuses and programs. Create a standard set of performance measures that communicate the effectiveness and progress of our online marketing efforts in achieving organizational goals.
- Advise, with the Director of Marketing and Communications, DigiPen’s campuses and educational partnerships on effective marketing strategies and evaluate the success of a variety of existing and ongoing marketing efforts.
- Recommend budget or other needed resources to the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications, as needed, on organizational branding campaigns
Qualifications / Competencies
Specific skill-based competencies are important to clarify. State the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field (MBA a plus)
- Previous experience managing teams of people, including an understanding of the importance of leadership, relationships, employee motivation, and employee retention
- Experience with online marketing and advertising (higher education experience a plus)
- Strategic thinker who can create and implement tactical plans
- Flexible, creative thinker who is willing to adapt to new opportunities or constraints, and always look for solutions to identified problems
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Proficient with Google AdWords and Analytics
- Familiar with marketing automation and email marketing/SMS campaign development
- Familiar with CRM systems
- Must have a good eye for design and be able to communicate and collaborate with copywriters, graphic designers, and others regarding how content will be presented or distributed in multiple formats
Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing
Minimum 3 years of experience in supervising a team
Higher education experience preferred but not required
This is a full-time exempt position. Candidates must be able to work on-site in Redmond, Washington during typical business hours, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
This position will supervise 4-6 staff members in the areas of web design, web development, lead generation, SEO, content creation and management, and online advertising.
Consideration for the position will begin immediately and will continue until filled. To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and fit for this job. Applications without a cover letter or resume will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.