Davis Wright Tremaine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Innovations Manager
at Davis Wright Tremaine
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Manager of Practice Innovations to join our group in Seattle.
This position contributes to firm success by analyzing and proposing systems and processes to manage firm knowledge in support of legal practices across the enterprise. This includes managing a team to accumulate, understand, and leverage practice-specific knowledge for the benefit of the organization, its clients, its employees, and its business partners. Top-level critical analysis and customer service skills are essential for this role.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role you will:
- Provide mentorship through coaching and help with setting and managing priorities
- Foster and encourage inter- and intra-departmental communication and collaboration
- Balance workload within and across teams by ensuring employees are taking on responsibilities appropriately, and ensuring the right people are in the right roles
- Empower employees to provide constructive feedback, take ownership of their areas of responsibility, and share their expertise with the team
- Keep employees up-to-date on the nature and status of departmental and firm objectives and priorities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Director of Knowledge Management in preparing, maintaining, and executing a long-term plan for knowledge and information asset development based on business goals and input from stakeholders
- Pioneer and initiate organizational change by working with a wide range of business leaders and stakeholders
- Draft and present short- and long-term business unit strategy proposals and core business strategies while serving as a trusted advisor to the leadership team. Acquire and develop knowledge of vertical/horizontal industry practices, trends, benchmarking data, and create competitive analyses
- Employ analytics and modeling techniques to conceptualize tactics, strategies, plans, and goals to optimize business efficiency and promote and position DWT as an industry leading, data-driven organization
- Provide strategic counsel and advice to senior leaders on updates, competitor information, and industry trends by communicating and visually demonstrating business insights
- Identify areas of opportunity where knowledge management can create efficiencies and leverage existing knowledge in meaningful ways
- Partner with experts across practice groups and with other stakeholders who have distinct knowledge to create, classify and improve knowledge resources
- Propose processes that ensure quality data, including complete and accurate data sets
- Define a set of best practices regarding the sharing and utilization of DWT knowledge
- Create executive-level presentations and present complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner. Possess the ability to influence leadership through fact-based analyses
- Research knowledge management tools, trends and methods to continually improve the function
- Conceptualize and craft innovative, first-of-its-kind processes to drive business efficiency, decrease costs, and reduce project cycle time
- Own end-to-end work streams by executing, evaluating, and communicating project procedures, including proposal creation, internal approval, negotiation, execution, and ongoing management
- Seek to create an environment where staff across various disciplines can create new knowledge and innovation through the use of technology and team work
- Provide leadership and direction to team members, including establishing priorities, assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and reporting status
- Manage staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, complete bi-annual check-in process, and make recommendations regarding annual salary adjustments and bonus considerations
- Interview and make hiring recommendations on new staff
Join us if you have:
- Minimum of five to seven years' experience in knowledge management and/or legal knowledge and information systems
- JD or MBA preferred
- Proven experience managing teams of various sizes
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of basic project management principles, including gathering, analyzing, and meeting business requirements, testing, and quality assurance
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data and copyright laws
- Contribute to team growth through strong team interactions, be comfortable accepting feedback, positive and negative, and be driven by both time constraints and a personal commitment to quality
- Strong customer interaction skills and ability to understand and document customer needs from a business solutions perspective required
- Previous experience in a legal environment a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.