Davis Wright Tremaine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Davis Wright Tremaine
Start your career in accounting and client services
Billing Specialists are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships – they translate and communicate the value of the billable hour to our clients through accurate processing of client invoices, maintaining work-in-progress records, monitoring time entry deadlines, editing invoices, and other tasks as assigned.
If you are looking to start a career in a well-established law firm, we want to hear from you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity.
Join us if you can:
- Support a group of 30 attorneys, which includes providing prompt and accurate assistance with ad hoc billing requests, processing approximately 500 prebills per month, familiarizing yourself with their book of business, and acting as the go-to billing contact.
- Build relationships with attorneys and legal support teams with an emphasis on the Finance team’s core values of excellent client service, big-picture thinking, and issue ownership.
- Master the Aderant billing system, including becoming the expert on client/matter set-ups, template modifications, rate hierarchy, workflow processes, and complicated client billing arrangements.
- Collaborate with teams firm-wide (including attorneys, practice managers, legal assistants, and others) to implement billing initiatives and process changes that will help maximize firm revenue and optimize billing efficiency.
- Maintain an environment of open communication and transparency within the billing team and other departments.
A background in billing or accounting is helpful, but we’re willing to train motivated, entry-level candidates who have exemplary customer service and polished communication skills. Candidates with non-traditional backgrounds who have transferable skills to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with six offices nationwide. We deliver value that includes not just best-in-class legal service but also business insight, user-friendliness and flawless support.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.