Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Maintenance Technician
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleBuilding Maintenance Technician
Job Description SummaryResponsible for assisting with operation troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment, and HVAC
• Clean, lubricate, and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
• Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems
• Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wall paper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
• Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer service requests as assigned.
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance, etc.
• Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps and related fire protection system equipment as assigned
• Perform carpentry and snow removal when necessary
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ability to use technology such as; smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
• Technical Proficiency
• Sense of Urgency
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• 2+ years of related experience in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in at least one of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or stand-by on-call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com