Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Cost Management/Estimating
At Cumming Corporation, you will work on some of the world's most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest growing Project and Cost Management Consultancies in America. We’re ranked in the ENR Top 20 and with over 30 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double digit year to year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are endless!
In this role, you will be a member of our highly reputable Cost Management & Estimating team. The cost team delivers solutions to clients in the areas of Conceptual Estimating, Budget Development, Cost Planning, Feasibility Studies, Value Management, Economic Forecasting, Milestone Reports, Pre/Post Contract Auditing, Change Order Review/Reconciliation, BIM 5D Cost Modeling, LEED Cost Analysis, Life Cycle Costing, and more. We encourage you to research us to learn more about our outstanding reputation within this service line.
We are currently looking for a Mechanial Estimator/Cost Manager to be based on-site with a high-profile e-commerce global organization in Seattle, WA. In this client facing role, you will provide estimates on a number of tenant improvement projects for this marquee client. This is a great opportunity to expand your project portfolio. Come join our team!
- Provide mechanical cost expertise on a variety of projects.
- Produce quantity take-offs at CD level.
- Obtain quotes for materials and communicate with subs for pricing verification.
- Prepare accurate quantity surveys and estimates for the mechanical division of the project as assigned.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier quotations or scheduling input as required for the assignments.
- Collaborate with architects/engineers to request clarifications or additional information.
- Attend project meetings and perform site investigations as assigned.
- Quantify with adequate detail and provide well organized estimate detail with reasonable baseline unit pricing.
- Use your intermediate to advanced understanding of mechanical systems to recognize relative costs.
- Monitor take-off and be a resource person for other team members on the estimating team.
- Develop/prepare/review value analysis estimates.
- Provide mechanical expertise to project management team in the construction planning meeting. Familiarize the project team with assumptions and methods contemplated by the estimate. Assist with the initial project subcontracting plan.
- Become familiar in usage and maintenance of all estimating software.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and assist in the development of junior estimators.
- BA/BS degree in construction of related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry, preferably in the mechanical field, and a minimum of 5 years of mechanical estimating experience required.
- Strong conceptual estimating skills with limited information.
- Mixture of both field and consulting experience preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skill.
- Experience in On-Screen Takeoff (OST) preferred.
- Experience with conceptual, schematic, DD, and CD phases of estimating.
- Experience in general estimating and/or mechanical estimating a plus.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing required.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc., is required.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within five business days.
CUMMING is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified team members without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic, including physical or mental disability, to the extent protected by applicable federal, state or local law.