Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Community Transit
- Job ID
- Bargaining Unit
- Min (Hourly)
- USD $35.04/Hr.
Open Only to Current Community Transit Employees
Community Transit Dispatchers are communication professionals who ensure safe and reliable service and play a key role in transmitting accurate and reliable information to operators and management. They provide efficient day-to-day support by dispatching, scheduling, coordinating vehicles in the yard and communicating with Coach Operators on the road by radio.
For all Dispatch Assignments:
- Enters data into computer and communicates to designated personnel via e-mail.
- Communicates with others in a confidential manner.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Applies rules and guidelines in a consistent and fair manner.
- Provides input to management when requested.
- Responds to operator questions re: routes and assignments, explains relevant procedures, facilitates inter/intra-agency communications.
- Stays current on all deparment procedures
- Retrieves DVR footage, transfers footage to other mediums and accurately logs ape pull requests.
- Opens Mobile Operations Center when requried
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include driving a coach.
- One year of experience in an environment dealing with critical or emergency situations.
- One year of experience working with a PC, using word processing and e-mail functions.
- Ability to work week days, weekends, and holidays in varying shift and for extended hours is required.
- Valid WA Driver's License
- To Retain Employment, the Dispatcher must obtain a valid Washington State Commercial Driver's License Class B or A, with airbrake restriction removed and passenger endorsement within the first six month following hire.
- No written disciplinary action within the last two years (from date of your posting).
- No preventable Community Transit accidents within the last two years (from date of posting)
One year of experience in a fast-paced customer-service or dispatch environment, requiring independent judgment.
Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
- Operation of basic office machines and computers.
- Transportation operations and practices.
- Knowledge of English, verbal and written, sufficient to read, comprehend and retain.
- Geographical knowledge of Snohomish County region.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
- Basic computer functions and using and learning software programs.
- Understanding and giving clear, concise written and verbal directions and information.
- Data entry with high accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with a diverse population
- Effective written communication including composition and grammar for preparing daily reports, incident reports, emails and memos.
Qualification to enter this position requires ability to:
- Exercise good judgment in stressful situations.
- Function effectively as a member of a team.
- Effectively multi-task in a high-stress environment.
- Work indoors and outside in all weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Focus and concentrate.
- Resolve problems and make improvements in daily transit operations.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.communitytransit.org, click on the Employment link and scroll down to the list of open jobs.
Application Process – Online only applications will be accepted and must include a completed application with job history listed. Applicants for this job may be considered for other openings up to six months after the date this position is filled. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for a variety of tests to determine their knowledge, skills and abilities. Test scores remain valid for six months from test date and vacancies for the six months may be filled from this recruitment.We would like to remind you of the Employment of Relatives Policy. If you believe that you would be in violation of this policy if hired into this position, please consult with the HR Generalist. This position is safety-sensitive and subject to drug and alcohol testing under DOT and Community Transit Authority. Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce.