Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Commercial Portfolio Manager
at Columbia Bank
Job TitleAVP, Commercial Portfolio Manager
Manages a predetermined portfolio of existing client relationships. Does not own the portfolio. Assist relationship manager with client/prospect related loan needs, and all duties assigned. Provides exemplary service to internal and external clients. Does not have sales goals.
- Works very closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Credit Analysts to analyze loan needs and options available
- Financial monitoring/reporting & covenant compliance/quarterly risk ratings
- New credit underwriting
- Regularly identifies and cross sells a wide variety products and services appropriate for the client in conjunction with the Relationship Manager
- Manages in-depth client relationships
- Ensure all bank loan documentation is accurate & banks security interest in collateral is perfected
- Ensure timely processing of all credit requests & renewals
- Ensure all bank loan files both hardcopy & digital are updated, organized & complete
- Perform a multitude of written & verbal communication tasks ensure completion of all assigned projects.
- Analyze and complete term loan reviews
- On-going loan administration and file maintenance and collection of financials
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or other relevant area preferred- or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of commercial experience or other relevant experience
- In-depth understanding and ability to interpret accounting literature, regulations, practice and theory, as well as ability to apply this knowledge to day-to-day activities
- Ability to engage & dev. relationships with all internal bank departments
- Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office Products to include Excel and Word
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Effective team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- strong understanding of bank credit policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of commercial & real estate underwriting
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals
- In-depth understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a Sense of Community. We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions