Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Engineer (Seattle, WA)
at Cobham plc
Cobham is seeking a Field Service Engineer to provide customer support in all aspects of After-Market Activities as assigned on Cobham Products while the products are at the customer or end-user facilities. The largest scope of work is providing the support necessary with regards to products outside the factory as defined in the key responsibilities section.This position is located in Seattle, WA.
- Perform Repair and maintenance activities on Cobham equipment on/off aircraft in the field.
- Coordinate and Lead repair/maintenance activities involving customer representatives.
- Generate repair schemes.
- Act as a company engineering representative at Cobham or remote locations, including customer or supplier facilities and conferences.
- Advise customer, business development, and contracts personnel of company requirements for products and services, support equipment, and electronic equipment installations.
- Critique existing and new design efforts as a member of the Integrated Product Team with specific design input in regard to maintenance and field operating conditions/history.
- Work with Business development on sales opportunities for aftermarket/OEM for both BU and sector.
- Direct, advice or assist in conducting regular, special and integrated system test programs.
- Prepare proposals for presentation to customers to resolve problems or enhance Cobham's position with these customers.
- Conduct special investigations of field units & prepare written reports on root cause/corrective action.
- Prepare and conducts special reports and presentations pertinent to company products and services, field operations or other applications.
- Plan, prepares and conducts training as required for product support.
- Read prints and schematics.
- Use standard maintenance and repair tools – familiarity with STTE usage.
- Assist in conducting integrated equipment systems tests.
- Create and publishes reports for customers.
- May provide work leadership for less experienced employees.
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in creating standard work for hourly employees on units and assemblies.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Airframe and Powerplant License.
- 2 years technical experience (hydraulics and/or electromechanical required), including troubleshooting and analyzing system problems.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 25%.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience making decisions, judgment remotely, and strong interpersonal skills interfacing with clients.
- Personable, articulate and comfortable leading small teams.
- Experience delivering training.
- Aviation technical experience.
- Experience working within a Tier One aviation manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on aircraft systems repair and maintenance experience.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers