Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Navigator – Housing Navigation Services - Everett/Snohomish Co.
at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Housing - Direct Service
- USD $17.25/Hr.
Incumbent is responsible for accepting referrals of literally (sleeping outside, in a place not meant for human habitation or in a shelter) homeless households. Incumbent will conduct a housing eligibility assessment, work with the household to develop an action plan, make coordinated referrals to services, and work with the household to modify the action plan as service needs are addressed. Incumbent will also be a part of the Coordinated Entry team who collectively will provide services throughout Snohomish County.
F/T, 37.5 hours per week. (2 open positions)
Pay is $17.25 - $18.11/hr. DOE, plus excellent holiday / vacation / sick pay and health benefits!
For internal candidates/union positions only: Compensation is set by agreed to language in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between CCSNW & SEIU 1199NW and determined based on experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies individuals and families who are eligible to be served with through the Coordinated Entry System in Snohomish County and performs coordinated entry assessments as appropriate.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments utilizing the intake, assessment and housing barriers tools.
- Accepts referrals of literally homeless individuals or households from Coordinated Entry sites throughout Snohomish County.
- Makes contact with the individuals/households referred and provides one-on-one, comprehensive assessments of strengths and needs in all life domains.
- Ensures individuals/households are provided will all details pertaining to the collection and sharing of data amongst the partners.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of individual/household information in conformance with related policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files.
- Enters data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and other relevant data systems.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing to help the household develop a strengths-based plan of action to achieve optimal self-sufficiency.
- Assists the household with coordinated referrals to a customized array of services that will help them achieve goals pertaining to self-sufficiency and housing stability.
- Models problem-solving for households.
- Utilizes the Fenn-Jorstad Self-Sufficiency Matrix to chart progress toward self-sufficiency in relevant life domains.
- Reviews feedback from referral agencies and help each individual/household adjust their plan based on progress moving toward self-sufficiency in relevant life domains.
- Cooperates with evaluators on the collection and analysis of data related to participating families.
- Participates in Investing in Futures meetings, as well as other relevant community activities as requested by the Program Manager – Housing Navigation Services/Coordinated Entry.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- HMIS – Incumbent is expected to develop proficiency in maintaining accurate client records in HMIS, the client tracking software application used by programs throughout the agency. Proficiency includes entry of data into the client record, the editing of information as needed, and the printing of reports within HMIS.
- BA in social services or related field + direct service experience in case management or related duties OR 4 years direct service experience in case management or related duties.
- Effective human services skills such as coaching, mentoring, client motivation and tracking of such services required.
- Knowledge of human services.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of families experiencing and at risk of homelessness.
- Valid current driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and data integrity.
- Ability to write clear and concise narratives.
- Self-directed and motivated to set own deadlines and follow directions.
- Effective team player.
- Computer literacy (Word and Excel preferred). Ability to use Internet search engines and social networking sites.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- Criminal History Background Checks are required prior to employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to perform a range of physical motions including but not limited:
- Frequently sits for extended periods while performing desktop activities.
- Repetitively uses hands and wrists on computers and telephone.
- Dependable transportation as it is possible that the Navigator will work at as many as four locations in a given week.
- Knowledge of human services in Snohomish County.