Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Floor Monitor - University Friends Shelter (full-time)
at Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Social Services/Direct Client Services
- USD $17.48/Yr.
$17.48 per hour. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and generous paid leave.
The Friends Shelter provides emergency shelter for 48 homeless men nightly, the shelter hours of operations are from 10PM till 6AM, the shift runs from 9:30PM until 6:30AM.
Floor Monitors check in men into shelter, record data, monitor shelter dorm areas for trouble spots and preform required janitorial duties, and use appropriate verbal de-escalation tools as needed with guest.
- Monitor the shelter throughout shift (including restrooms) responding to any crisis situations.
- Oversee the dispensing of snacks, when available and keep coffee made throughout the night. Clean the coffee maker and clean the snack area after the shelter closes before the end of shift.
- Refer Shelter Residents to appropriate social services agencies for assistance. Record Shelter Residents registrations and other statistical information.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings, and in trainings required by CCS/CHS for all employees.
- Perform required janitorial duties on each assigned shift.
- Complete shift checklist as duties are performed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
- Sensitivity to homeless people and their situation.
- Work history that demonstrates reliability and dependability.
- Work or volunteer history that demonstrates ability to interact and communicate with others.
- Understanding the disease of alcoholism and other substance abuse issues.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- Criminal history background checks are required prior to employment.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.