Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Project Manager - Multifamily Construction
at Carmel Partners
Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in investment and development of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to create high quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions to enhance the value of our investors, associates and residents
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager (Multifamily Construction) to play a pivotal role in supporting the Senior Project Manager (or Project Manager) and Superintendent in all facets of project execution. This position acts as a liaison amongst the architect, engineer, and subcontractors.
Ballard Yards is comprised of a 28,334 square-foot mid-block parcel located in the popular north Seattle neighborhood of Ballard just one block north of Salmon Bay. The project consists of a 7-story, 171-unit podium building with ground floor retail with secured structured parking. The project will include approximately 3,000 SF of common open space (podium courtyard & roof deck); 2300 SF of leasing and indoor amenity space; and 6,522 SF of retail space.
Who you are
You’ve mastered Project Controls including RFI, the submittal process, change tracking, ASI’s and more. You’re a pro at communicating on and off the page. On top of that, you’re fluent in interpreting and understanding plans and specifications. And you’re able to do all of that because you’re organized and can manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
What you’ll do
· Coordinate with architect and provide ideas for construction procedures and details
· Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and project site evaluation to assist Project Manager in developing schedules and tracking project costs
· Work with architects and provide ideas for construction and design during the project pre-development stage
· Process administrative work including subcontractor bidding process, project cost updates, and constructability review of documents
· Resolve field issues as they arise
· Assist the Project Managers in the following activities:
o Job start-up including special procurements and long lead time items
o Project Buyout (i.e., bidding process, bid comparisons, negotiations of contracts, purchase orders)
o Draft change orders to contracts and purchase orders
o Prepare G-702 Draw, Payment Request to Lender
o Invoice approval process with ongoing projects
o Track the due diligence process and scheduling for projects under pre-development, as needed
o Provide input in the budgeting process for projects in pre-development, as needed. This will encompass both predevelopment and construction budgets.
o Develop subcontracts and procure permits
· Solve problems and trouble-shoot in conjunction with the assigned project
· Review system function and operation with subcontractors
· Give any suggestions to your project managers, area managers and/or division Vice President which may provide a more efficient way to work
· Resolve RFI’s, and maintain and update RFI Log
· Review submittals in conjunction with project management and maintain and update submittal log
· Ensure all documentation procedures are being followed (e.g., as-builts, permit books, warranty books, insurance certificates, etc.)
· Ensure all invoices and change orders are reviewed in a timely manner
· Maintain and update as-builts; document log, and provide the field with the latest set of documents (field, consultants and contractors)
· Compile lender inspection information
· Compile information to use in scope of contract
· Update Sheet Index for contract documents
· Maintain and update inspection reports
· Maintain and update transmittal and tracking logs
· Set up and maintain job files
· Attend work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
· Other duties as assigned by manager
What you’ll bring
· Degree in construction management or civil engineering
· Project experience on jobs in excess of $15 million each
· Minimum 4 years work history in related field/position
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, MS Project/Primavera, and Prolog/Constructware (or equivalent)
· Possession of minimum OSHA 10 or 30 hour in the past three years and current First Aid & CPR training
· Commercial and multifamily experience required
*Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Carmel Partners does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration which violates federal, state or local laws.