Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Assistant PRH
- # of Openings
- GHSI-III - Global Health Support Initiative III
- Regular Full-Time
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Program Assistant
Location: Washington DC
GS: 8 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
The Program Assistant provides support to technical staff in the Office of Population and Reproductive Health within the Bureau for Global Health (GH/PRH), performing a variety of both complex and routine analytical and administrative duties. These duties range from analytical- tasks such as collecting, compiling, and synthesizing data for various program documents, reviewing and providing feedback on project workplans and products and designing and maintaining spreadsheets in support of financial tracking systems, to more administrative tasks such as scheduling briefings and meetings, maintaining program files, and providing support for sub-awards and vehicle waivers. The program assistant will work as a member of the Policy Team, supporting various management teams, and provide input on related work. The program assistant will also work with other members of PRH’s Policy, Evaluation, and Communication Division (PEC) and GH team to assist in areas such as onboarding new program assistants and analysts, and providing overall administrative support. The program assistant ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines, handles several tasks simultaneously, works in multiple teams, and seeks guidance when needed. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines, as well as corporate practices and procedures. The individual is expected to become familiar with PRH/PEC technical issues and policies.
- Research, identify, analyze, and update program information
- Provides analytical and research support and drafts various program documents and correspondence such as memos, waivers, and project design documents, ensuring that all documentation is complete and in compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and standards.
- Tracks budgets and Mission Field Support levels for Health Policy Plus and PACE projects. Provides program related administrative and financial support to systems, databases, and file maintenance
- Coordinates and provides support to other USAID offices, missions, and bureaus on financial issues relating to PEC cooperative agreements and contracts
- Tracks, organizes, and reports on Field Support actions to help expedite Agency financial processes, for example, timely obligations and no loss of expiring funds.
- Reconciles budgets on appropriate forms to support all operating units that buy in to central projects.
- Provides support to Agreement and Contract Officer Representatives (A/CORs) for budget analysis and recommendations.
- Maintains administrative and financial tracking systems, including spreadsheets and databases to support the division’s financial management of cooperative agreements and contracts.
- Supports the preparation of journal voucher requests for Health Policy Plus and PACE, facilitating reconciliation of Phoenix accounting system with partner reports.
- Provides first-line review of sub-awards to ensure they are complete and adhere to federal regulations and Agency policy, providing feedback to recipient organizations and AOR when information is inconsistent of incomplete.
- Drafts program documents, such as action memos, talking points, and power point presentations
- Gathers and compiles data and prepares visual communication materials for regular and ad hoc reporting and presentations related to budget requests, financial reviews, and results of core projects, at the request of project management teams, division, and/or office leadership.
- In conjunction with colleagues and Division leadership, organizes and ensures smooth implementation of Division level meetings with partner organizations.
- Participates in Division, Office, and Bureau-level activities and meetings. Travel to USAID missions to provide program support, as necessary.
- Provides first-line review of all reporting and liaises with technical staff and recipient organizations to ensure that budget requests, financial and technical reports and subawards are prepared and submitted as required.
- Reviews selected program deliverables and shares feedback with relevant technical and management teams.
- Participates in all relevant technical and managerial meetings to support the AOR in project monitoring and work-planning.
- Participates in all relevant Division, Office, and Bureau meetings for the purpose of understanding and incorporating Agency policy and procedures in daily work and project management.
- Liaises with colleagues in other GH and USAID operating units to support implementation of core and field activities.
- In conjunction with other team members, contributes to design and facilitation of management and technical meetings, strategic planning sessions, partner meetings, co-creation exercises, and other events.
- Supports design, drafting and review of documents to procure mechanisms from concept and design through award. Provides logistical support for procurement selection committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ relevant experience. Demonstrated interest in health policy, health financing, health advocacy and/or governance preferred.
- Strong oral, written communication and comprehension skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasking well
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Candidate must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills applications and presentation software desirable.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, and others
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint ) and Internet, and Gmail, along with all Google applications
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must obtain and maintain a favorable adjudication as applicable to their position/duties
*******In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.******
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.