Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Foreman - Aerial
at CableCom, LLC.
# of openings:
Responsible for coordinating and performing on-site installations of voice, data and fiber optic cable systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with Project Manager to obtain new work and project specifications.
- Meets design and installation practice prepared per project drawings
- Occasionally assists sales and design group with pre-sales site surveys
- Plans daily schedule and anticipates resources for project including materials and labor and give recommendations to Manager
- Identifies and prepare for new cable installations
- Install copper, coaxial and fiber optic cable in systems
- Read blue prints and identify cable path, reads and understands construction project specifications
- Understands and uses various construction methods and materials
- Prepares project documentation including time sheets, daily logs, materials for project summaries and any other pertinent information
- Abide by and know NESC codes and OSHA safety standards
- Properly performs grounding and bonding functions where needed
- Performs seamless cutovers for customers
- Communicate with Technicians, Project Managers and Manager about project status
- Complete timesheets, expense reports, mileage reports, and other job related paperwork
- Acts as mentor and trainer for Level 1 and Level 2 Techs
- Analysis and report to Manager needs for new or different equipment and tools to perform work in professional and timely manner
- Actively participate in the maintenance of tools, equipment and vehicles owned by the company
- Other duties may be necessary to fulfill projects or company needs of this position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Prefer at least 3 - 5 years of experience in cable construction and supervision. Knowledge of and experience with reading blue prints. Requires a valid driver’s license and be insurable.