Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Software Engineer (Phantom Works)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Summary:Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Phantom Works focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
- Define a software and mission systems architecture in compliance with our customer’s requirements and mission needs
- Develop top level software performance specifications for a space system
- Perform analyses and trades in support of software design and development for a rapid prototype space system
- Develop and flow requirements to the mission system team
- Analyze, verify, and validate performance of software
- Decompose subsystem level requirements from system level requirements
- Develop use cases and sequence diagrams
- Define software interfaces (ICD)
This is a union represented position.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical course of study is required
- 10+ years of experience working in software systems engineering for a real-time environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with spacecraft and/or space systems architecture
- Experience in development, build and test of spacecraft
- Experience (highly desired) with agile development processes and methods
- Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
- Experience with Software IV&V activities
- Prior history working in a classified environment
- SSBI investigation highly desired
- Familiarity with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with SysML/UML (Use case development, sequence diagrams)
- Familiarity with Linux, VMs
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 5
Job Code:6K8CI5 (6D9)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.