Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Numerical Control Tape Laminator
Location:USA - Everett, WA
Job Description Summary:
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Workers in this position operate and adjust numerically controlled (NC) tape laminator machines, using composite materials to manufacture detail parts/assemblies, used in aerospace production. Lamination work is done in a clean room environment. Employment in this position also requires standing, walking, finger manipulation, handling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pushing/pulling up to 35 pounds, rotation of head/neck, contact with plastics, exposure to noise and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm and feet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare to set-up job (e.g., production orders, first lots, tool tryouts) or run previously set-up job by reviewing work order (W/O), tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents, blueprints or CATIA plots.
- Ensure that correct material (type and quantity) and tools or fixtures were issued and are free from visible defects.
- Identify type of machine set-up needed from drawing and W/O (e.g., ultrasonic ply cutter machine, flat tape laminating machine (FTLM), contour tape laminating machine (CTLM)), as required.
- Check machine set-up and/or parts completed by previous operator to determine progress on a job and ensure safe working conditions.
- Perform total productive maintenance (TPM) (e.g., check fluids), as required.
- Prepare and operate ultrasonic ply cutter machine to make flat nested detail parts from material (e.g., graphite, peel ply, fiberglass, fabric) to support FTLM and CTLM manufacturing operation, as required.
- Prepare CTLM or FTLM, by obtaining material from freezer (e.g., graphite, peel ply, fiberglass) perform processes prior to machine operation (e.g., roll tackifier, lay fiberglass, hook up pull vaccum, acrline tool set up), as required.
- Use dial indicators, and other precision measuring instruments to align and level FTLM table, as required.
- Retrieve and download CNC programs to machine controller downloading from mainframe server.
- Run machine to lay graphite piles, hand lay precut doublers, hand trim and rework, as required.
- Set machine coordinates or index points per CNC documents, including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights and laser, using controller keyboard, as required. Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions as required.
- Move finished parts and/or tools using appropriate material handling equipment (e.g., man aboard stacker, automated guidance vehicle (AGV), as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., ketone, acetone, tackifier) in an approved manner per Material Safety Data Sheets using personal protective equipment, as required.
- Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or sounds, watch machine gauges and controller display or digital readout for warnings.
- Visually check cutter path and clearance to ensure smooth operation.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing and that there are no defects.
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
- Consult with area lead, supervisor and/or others (e.g., inspection) on process or job related issues, as required.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Experience with precision measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, etc.)
- Experience working with computers and MS Office Suite
- Experience working with composites and exposure to moving parts and tools, pinch points, sharp cutters and slipping hazards.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted Workday will not be considered.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.