Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Flight Controls Electronics Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Everett, WA
Job Description Summary:Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements definition. Resolves requirement conflicts. Performs and documents analysis and design of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems to validate or assess the system design or models. Develops solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Designs trade studies to meet program requirements. Works under general direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a mid-career Electronics Engineer to support Flight Controls Electronics system design, integration and testing in the Everett, WA area. This requisition will fill multiple positions for both in-production and development programs. This position will own hardware through its life cycle including system trades, requirements development, project planning and execution, design and analysis, build, test, qualification, certification, customer delivery and fleet support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements
- Analyze higher level requirements and define impact to design requirements
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective action
- Implement processes or productivity improvements
- Solve complex design problems with innovative solutions
- Development of complex hardware qualification and validation/verification testing
- Author and execute detail test procedures using simulation tools and system components
- Execute lab and ground/flight testing in development of new/revised hardware/software
- Collaborative partnership with suppliers in idea generation of product reliability and producibility improvements
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering discipline is required
- 5+ years of experience in integrating hardware and software systems
- 5+ years of experience with multidisciplinary processes and electrical engineering methodology and techniques to develop, validate and manage product-level system/subsystem requirements and architectures and ensure system integration
- 5+ years of experience in the design and testing of electrical hardware and wiring
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience analyzing/integrating supplier components within larger systems
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting environments and identifying root causes of problems and implement resolutions
- 5+ years of experience identifying and driving product and process improvements
- Working knowledge of project management
- Requirements management tools
- Complex electronic and electrical hardware firmware design and qualification.
- Complex electronic and electrical hardware firmware verification testing.
- Complex electronic and electrical circuit design
- Design analysis tools such as PSpice and Mathcad.
- Safety critical or regulated environments
- Safety critical industry standards: ARP-4754, DO-254, DO-178
- Model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Leading/Executing Stage of Involvement (SOI) audits
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- Referral to this job is eligible for bonus - Employee Referral Amount: $5,000.00 USD
- This is a union-represented position.
- Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, and bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and for the world.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6E3DI3 (6A2)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.