Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Technician Precision Tool Maintenance
Location:USA - Auburn, WA, USA - Bellevue, WA, USA - Everett, WA, USA - Kent, WA, USA - Puyallup, WA, USA - Renton, WA, USA - SeaTac, WA, USA - Seattle, WA, USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Summary:
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Our company aspiration for Boeing’s second century is clear: to be the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in all areas of our business as compared to the world’s best companies.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Puget Sound region and the state of Washington is a beautiful community which boasts great transit, good public schools, a robust system for public beaches and parks, wonderful marinas and safe streets. Nature is right outside your door and you have a short ride to the mountains and beaches. Enjoy our community summer concerts in the park, farmers markets and small town parades
Electronic Precision Machine Tool Technicians repair critical equipment, perform preventive and predictive maintenance and perform electronic hardware upgrades. They communicate accurately, concisely and professionally with customers as to important repair steps, parts ordered and time estimates to project completion.
Electronic Precision Machine Tool Technicians repair/replace defective equipment. Overhaul/rebuild and assemble a wide variety of plant equipment to include Numerically Controlled (NC) machines, robotics & end effectors, modular assembly equipment, precision-built machines, material handling equipment, stationary generator sets and process equipment.
Electronic Precision Machine Tool Technicians install, service, maintain, upgrade and modify machine tools and process equipment. They draw from technical knowledge, existing procedures and internal/external resources to diagnose and correct equipment and/or system malfunctions. Electronic Technicians modify, test, calibrate, and document system configurations to meet compliance requirements. Electronic Technicians use various types of computing systems or electronic/electrical test equipment to test accuracy of electronic/electrical components/systems or to determine accuracy of equipment. Electronic Technicians collaborate with Managers, Engineers, Manufacturers, Vendors and other Organizations to analyze and make recommendations on facility and equipment design.
- Minimum 5 years electrical and electronic troubleshooting experience
- Frequent (3-6 hrs) exposure to noise.
- Frequent (3-6 hrs): Sit, Walk, Stand, Climb/Balance, Rotation of Head/neck, Flexion (head bent down, head bent back), Twisting at the waist, Handling/Grasping, Keyboarding/Mouse, Repetitive motion, Fine finger manipulation.
- Capable of working at heights greater than 4ft when required, climb a 15ft vertical ladder and enter into small, confined spaces.
- This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
- Occasional (1-3 hrs) Fine motor skills, lifting less than 10 pounds and sitting.
- Occasional (1-3 hrs) use of face, eye and head protection.
- Capable of working any shift. Shift will remain consistent based on seniority and IAM contractual agreements.
- Overtime is an essential part of this job.
Typical Education and Expertise:
- Prefer 2 year Associates Degree or equivalent in the machine tool or electrical maintenance field.
- Knowledge of digital circuits, analog circuits, computers, microprocessors, network, systems and high frequency circuitry is required.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including National Electrical Code, basic relay logic and high voltage systems is required.
- Successful applicant will be required to pass an on-line assessment.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. US person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.