Berntson Porter & Company, PLLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Berntson Porter & Company, PLLC
Be part of a team that was recently recognized as the #1 accounting firm to work for in the country. You will grow in your career through client management responsibilities, targeted education and community involvement while providing outstanding client service to nationally and locally recognized private businesses and their shareholders and families. You will be an integral part of making our clients and our business successful.
We are looking for an innovative and detail oriented professional to join our Tax team. You will initiate and manage tax and business planning, compliance and consulting engagements.
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and flexible work schedules. We will also provide you direct access to our clients as well as principals in order to enhance your skills and professional development.
Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
As a Manager in our Tax department, you will make an impact by:
- Providing quality service through the planning and execution of tax services
- Demonstrating the ability to apply advanced tax and accounting concepts related to: Partnerships, C Corporations, S Corporations, Individuals, accounting methods and property transactions
- Proactively considering the impact of client transactions during tax preparation
- Demonstrating the ability to think beyond accounting and understanding client opportunities and goals
- Suggesting and implementing enhancements to tax engagement documentation and the tax preparation processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum four years of experience in public accounting
- Experience managing multiple client engagements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with manufacturing/distribution or hospitality a plus
BP has been recognized nationally each of the past six years as one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today and by INSIDE Public Accounting as a “Top 200” firm overall nationwide. In our community, we have received numerous designations, including one of the region’s top Corporate Philanthropists by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We attain these accolades in part because we care about our clients’ families and companies as if they were our own. We take the extra time to develop meaningful relationships inside and outside our firm.
At this time, we are considering only candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.