Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Operations Analyst, Growth Marketing
at Avalara, Inc.
Avalara is a leading global provider of sales and use tax automation software. Delivered in a SaaS model, our products make really complex things around business taxes really simple and really fast, so companies of all sizes can focus on what they do best and leave tax compliance to us. We’re seeking a talented analyst and data guru with a growth marketing mindset to help optimize our new business demand generation practices. Avalara is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, and our people are what really make us great.
We’re looking for a data analyst with business savvy who wants to see their insights impact Avalara’s growth engine, the marketing and sales team, in a rapidly growing company. Avalara’s Marketing team has an open position for an analyst who has a strong foundation in statistics and is enternally curious about what delivers results. We’re looking for someone who can combine descriptive statistics and quantitative output to deliver insights about Avalara’s sales and marketing funnel, marketing mix, sales process, and marketing operations. Your job is to use data to answer questions posed by Avalara’s marketing leaders, the Marketing Operations and demand gen team, and bring the insights about how to optimize our growth engine and marketing processes. This position will report into Marketing Operations, but work cross-functionally with Avalara’s Marketing Analytics team, Sales Development team, Sales teams, and other marketing functions.
- Provide insights around lead scoring, lead routing algorithms, and staffing to optimize the marketing leads funnel.
- Analyze results of marketing campaigns – what offers, marketing channels, and marketing tactics are having the biggest impact on various market segments?
- Provide insights around Avalara’s target market segments.
- Use a combination of data sources and tools, including Tableau and Salesforce.com, to gather data and answer questions about the marketing mix and marketing processes.
- Uncover actionable data insights, make logical recommendations and drive informed action.
- Address hard problems in marketing and sales that you can help to solve through data and analysis. These may include:
- Provide insights around marketing ROI by channel/marketing mix.
- Analyze and improve lead scoring model by making it more sophisticated and accurate, yet pragmatic. Analyze and report on the fit and effectiveness of various scoring models
- Provide insights using data around buyer journey and the path by buyers from various market segments become Avalara customers. Help determine the implications for the marketing mix and budget.
- Develop deeper campaign-level analysis and reporting.
- Provide insights about the buying process by better understanding differences in funnel dynamics/buying cycles by firmographics and products.
- Love of data and data driven insights with expertise in statistical analysis.
- Driven by curiosity and a desire to solve problems and improve processes. Have an innate desire to seek answers through data.
- Ability to ask smart business questions, challenge assumptions and conventional wisdom, and come up with alternative explanations that may counter the obvious, or even what the data are telling you.
- Experience building reports and visualizations, as well as using automated reporting and dashboards to track business KPIs.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; can make the complex intelligible to many different audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and matrixed organization.
- Humility in working with others and an openness to alternative solutions/thinking. Able to bring others along in thought processes and approach to data and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous innovation.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software such as R, SPSS and SAS is a plus; ability to run SQL queries a plus.
- Expertise with Salesforce.com, specifically reporting, a plus.
- Previous experience working with marketing and sales organizations a plus.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.