Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teacher - Eastside Catholic, Sammamish
at Archdiocese of Seattle Catholic Schools
Job Reference #: 5704
Openings as of 12/6/2019
- Secondary Teacher
- Special Education Teacher - Eastside Catholic, Sammamish JobID: 5704
- Position Type:
- Secondary Teacher/Special Education
- Date Posted:
Eastside Catholic, Sammamish SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Eastside Catholic School is seeking a Special Education Resource Room Teacher for the 2019-20 school year. The successful candidate will be a member of our Learning Support Team and will work with students with diagnosed learning disabilities, as well as students without diagnosis who need assistance with study skills and executive functioning skills. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Options Program and Learning Support Services and is a full-time faculty member.
This position plays a vital role in teaching specific skills and learning strategies to help students achieve academic success. Primary responsibilities include the following:
· Maintain a student caseload for intervention instruction management and co-instructional planning with faculty
· Teach and develop curriculum for Study Skills and Academic Resources classes
· Provide 1-to-1 and small group instruction to students using evidence-based instructional practices aligned to our curriculum
· Assist with professional development opportunities regarding diverse learners for our faculty
· Assist with implementing and supporting current requirements for college bound students with learning differences
· Implement instruction design for individualized instruction and academic intervention planning
· Communicate regularly with teachers and parents regarding each student’s progress
· Participate in Support Team meetings and meetings where students of concern are discussed
· Provide other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in special education or education-related discipline
• A current Washington state teaching certificate with special education endorsement
• Experience working successfully with students who have a broad range of learning styles; experience working with students who have learning disabilities is preferred
· Coursework and experience must illustrate a strong background in creating and implementing evidence-based interventions for individuals with learning disabilities
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
· Excellent communication skills to work with students, parents, teachers and outside professionals
· Understanding of adolescent development and learning styles
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Please apply directly on the (ocsww.org/employment.php).
Practicing Catholics and minorities are encouraged to apply. We are always looking for faculty and staff with experience facilitating extracurricular activities and coaching all sports.