AMT Senior Aerospace
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AMT Senior Aerospace
AMT, Arlington, WA
$12.50 - $14.50 /hr
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for shipment of finished goods to our customers. This position requires forklift operation, good carpentry skills, use of power hand tools, ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Utilizes PC to perform duties.
Supports the Shipping and Receiving Department daily activities and personnel as directed by (or in absence of) the Logistics Supervisor and the specific requirements of the Customer, within approval guidelines and procedures established by the Logistics Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives shipments of incoming materials.
- Load and unload truck.
- Select appropriate packaging materials and container per customer requirements.
- Routes outgoing shipments through various means of transportation.
- Completes applicable paperwork such as, customs invoice, bills of lading, and barcode labels.
- Pulls parts from stores, routes parts to staging area for shipment.
- Maintains shipment history files.
- Routes paperwork to contracts and accounting after shipment of goods
- Supports Management as directed.
- May create MS Word and Excel documents and spreadsheets for Logistics staff.
- Performs data entry.
- Files Logistics Department documents.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Motivated, dependable individual who exhibits strong attention to detail and arrives on time for start of shift.
- Ability to adhere to a flexible and demanding schedule that may result in short days, short-notice unscheduled overtime, or additional weekend shifts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with or proficient in Word, Excel, and keyboarding.
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools such as hammer, drills, nail and staple guns, etc.
- Approved training in forklift operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.