AMT Senior Aerospace
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machinist Level 3 - 5
at AMT Senior Aerospace
AMT, Arlington, WA
The Machine Shop runs on the following shifts:
(shift availability may vary based on shop needs)
3 - 11 hour weekend nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday
3 - 12 hour weekend days Friday, Saturday and Sunday
4 - 10 hour days and nights Monday - Thursday
The Machinist operates numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Machinist 3 receives on-the-job training to set up jobs with supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives on-the-job training to set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve and input computerized machine control media.
- Uses tools such as edge finders, indicators, and probes, to find machine work offsets.
- Runs parts that meet engineering specifications without supervision.
- Reads, understands and interprets engineering drawings.
- Follows instructions on set up sheets without supervision.
- Learns optimal cutting techniques, speeds, and feeds.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and informs lead person of discrepancies.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools.
- Learns to recognize machine deviation versus cutter or holding problems and informs supervisor.
- Thoroughly inspects first part run.
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift.
- Properly uses measuring tools and set up tools such as edge finder, indicator, micrometers, etc
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Communicates well verbally and in writing.
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards and a minimum of 3 years on-the-job experience.
- Strong skills and aptitude in math.
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday.
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Working in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.