AMT Senior Aerospace
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Horizontal Machinist 1
at AMT Senior Aerospace
Absolute, Arlington, WA
The job typically requires the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications, or equivalent. Operates semi-automatic or automatic numerically controlled horizontal machine tools to perform standard and repetitive sequences of operations where programs are provided and setups are made and maintained by others. The Machinist 1 operates CNC horizontal machines and machining centers to fabricate precision parts per engineering specifications. The Machinist 1 receives on-the-job training to set up jobs with supervision. Checks parts for conformance to specifications as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives on-the-job training to set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve and input computerized machine control media.
- Uses tools such as edge finders, indicators, and probes, to find machine work offsets.
- Runs parts that meet engineering specifications with minimal supervision.
- Reads, understands and interprets engineering and manufacturing drawings.
- Follows instructions on set up sheets with minimal supervision.
- Learns optimal cutting techniques, speeds, and feeds.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and informs lead person of discrepancies.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools.
- Learns to recognize machine deviation versus cutter or holding problems and informs supervisor.
- Basic inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Meets job standard times consistently and communicates when not.
- Ensure part count and data entry is accurate and correct consistently.
- Accurately complete and maintain all paperwork for parts/records.
- Complete and maintain accurate computer entry for parts/data.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Demonstrates basic problem solving techniques.
- Competent in changing own cutting tools and proving out without supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Prior experience running CNC Horizontal machines
- Basic mechanical ability
- Ability to accomplish tasks and follow directions without deviation from procedures.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED or graduation from certified technical school,
- or proven work history in a production environment.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience desired.
- Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.