American Heart Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development (Fundraising) Director, Heart Walk - Seattle
at American Heart Association
Development (Fundraising) Director, Heart Walk –Seattle
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work towards that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
At the American Heart Association, you can find satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment and connect people to making a lifesaving impact. And, you can be part of an organization that has been recognized by the NonProfit Times as “One of the Best Nonprofits to Work” year after year.
The American Heart Association has an exciting opportunity for a Development (Fundraising) Director, Heart Walk. As the Director, you are part of a staff and volunteer team responsible for the overall planning, management and implementation of the Heart Walk campaign with a net revenue goal of $500,000+. The position is based in Seattle and covers accounts in both Seattle and Tacoma.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages and grows existing corporate team participation through ongoing communication and effective account management
- Develops and executes pipeline for new business development
- Maintains current and secures new corporate sponsorship
- Adheres to established Best Practices, benchmarks and timelines
- Conducts active community networking and outreach through 10+ face to face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsors. Includes travel to Tacoma on regular basis with more frequent travel during the summer months.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years successful experience in fundraising or sales
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training, and management
- Strong organizational, communication, negotiations and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter able to work well in a team driven environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
Here are some of the preferred experience/skills we are looking for:
- Experience with the American Heart Association or similar non-profit experience in a fundraising position
- Experience in closing high level corporate sponsorship
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled