American Bridge Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Bridge Company
American Bridge Company
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports To: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a Project Engineer you will perform tasks related to the collection of cost data required to monitor project budget and estimates on heavy civil construction projects. The primary responsibilities require sound technical and field level (hands-on) knowledge of heavy construction engineering. To be successful, the Project Engineer requires significant experience in the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques and technical knowledge of heavy civil construction projects. This project will be located in Seattle, WA and will be responsible for the steel erection for the new Washington State Convention Center.
•B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
•5 to 8 years of experience with exposure to projects with moderate to major scope
•Solid understanding of constructability reviews, scheduling, resource utilization and efficiency, design/scope change reviews and resolution, quality assurance, quality control, purchase orders and subcontracts, resolution of field and technical anomalies, interfaces with inspection agencies, permitting issues, project closeouts, etc.
•Owner and owner’s representative interface
• Manage subcontract administration and permanent material supplier through monitoring of correspondence, issue change orders and pay sheet
• Issue service agreements for various needs as directed by project manager
• Submit Monthly Pay Estimate and Subcontract Pay Vouchers
• Code daily labor, purchase orders, subcontractor invoices, costs, quantities, actual expenditures, etc. for tracking in cost system
• Calculate material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); monitor progress, percentage complete per work item
• Create or assist in weekly meeting agenda and deliver, MPR, QF Reports, and Project Cash Flow
• Prepare and manage submittals & RFI’s
• Review incoming submittal prior to sending to Owner
• Update and maintain project Baseline & Weekly schedules
• Maintain documentation to support the company’s position for claims resolution
• Assist / Manage workplans, post plans and pre-plan process
• Assist in Managing Environment permits and regulations
• Generate Survey Requests
• Review of daily timesheets
• Manage BRR’s, JE’s & Subcontracts CCO’s
• Prepare and/or assist with the preparation of DRB documents
• Monitor and/or manage project document control
• Coordinate requirements and progress with structural design engineers or other consultants
• Review critical picks
• Assist field engineers with job duties requirements such as timecard review, invoice processing, JHA etc.
• Participate in project close out report
• Knowledgeable & enforce company safety policies
• May be asked to assist in performance review, mentoring and coaching to field engineers
Other Skills and Abilities
•Must be able to legally work in the United States.
•Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agree to a post offer drug test.
•Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
•Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and specialty bridge design software; must be proficient with MS Office.
•Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines.
Management of Field Engineers
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to structural engineering and related calculations. Individual should some level of business acumen, including knowledge of operating expenses, profit, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, reporting tools related to databases. Must have the ability to learn design software programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk.
American Bridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V