Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Support Services
FOR POTENTIAL CONTACT; PENDING AWARD.
The Director of Support Services for this contract reports to the Program Manager and will be supporting a Protective Services Security contract. He/she is responsible for supporting the contract with the overall management and coordination of support services requirements and day-to-day functions of the department. This includes, but is not limited to management and oversight of Human Resources, Benefits, Recruiting, Payroll, Finance/Budget, Medical Evaluation and Clearance Program, and Office Administration.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Strategically manage and oversee Human Resources, Benefits, Recruiting, Payroll, Finance/Budget, Medical Evaluation and Clearance Program, Office Administration
- Ensure procedures are updated and accurately reflect processes
- Develop and administer training on various topics
- Oversight for various office administration functions (vendor management, supply ordering, service agreements, parking, random drug testing programs, etc.)
- Oversight for all security clearance activity
- Ensures compliance with all customer driven orders and policies as they relate to medical clearances and physical fitness requirements
- Ensure consistent application of language in the CBA
- Track all positive corrective action (PCA) activity
- Resolve employee relations issues to include investigations and reporting
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- And all other duties as assigned.
This position could require up to 10% travel to other locations within the United States.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be considered to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Indoor, controlled climate with little to no exposure to hazardous material.
- Overseas to and within countries that are considered dangerous or unhealthy in general.
Required Education and Experience
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- Applicant must possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in Public or Business Administration, or related fields.
- Possess eight years of experience in public, private or government security with at least five years of ever increasing responsibility in government contract compliance, management and administration.
- Possess at least five years of experience and demonstrated knowledge in law enforcement/security methodologies.
- Demonstrated at least five years of experience in full life cycle Human Resources Management to include wage and salary administration, employee benefits, FMLA, Workers Compensation, STD/LTD claims, labor relations, training module development and presentation, recruiting, employee relations, employee conflict resolutions and investigations.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work independently to devise appropriate courses of action and to develop solutions to work-related problems.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to produce reports, presentations, and other detailed information with minimum direction.
- Must be knowledgeable of Personnel Security policies and paperwork required for security clearances
- Ability to work without close supervision, with the ability to devise appropriate course of action and develop solutions to work related problems
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll procedures
- Must be able to effectively interact with the general public, the client and upper level management
- Must be able to consistently maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must have a working knowledge and experience in the use of spreadsheets; word processing, database management and graphics.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Must have and maintain an active Secret Clearance