Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic 3 (Millwright)
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Facilities/Maintenance - Other
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright to join our Facilities team in Redmond, Washington. This individual will work under limited supervision to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, preventative and predictive maintenance using publications, blueprints, schematics and locally generated instructions. Will be required to follow work procedures, work on facilities and production equipment, as well as, perform general maintenance and other facilities assignments. All work will be performed with an emphasis on safety, as well as the environment.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
70% - Install, maintain and service manufacturing and fabrication machinery and equipment such as CNC, analog and conventional lathes, mills, grinders, EDMs, EB Welder, Vacuum pumps and systems, air compressors and distribution systems, DI water pumps and systems, Flow Benches, GN2 pressurized gas systems, He2 gas systems, leak detectors, Clean Room support equipment, TPM, etc.
- Coordinate all work with area supervisory staff and affected personnel.
Perform and maintain all PMs and associated records in Oracle.
Use precision measuring equipment (to + or – 10 to the minus 6) laser alignment tools, precision levels, VOMs, O-scopes, analyzers and other test equipment to keep all machinery and equipment within manufacturer, company, military or customer requirements.
Make small parts or circuit board repairs as needed using equipment on plant.
- Work with Safety, Health and Environmental staff (SH&E) to control and properly dispose of all waste, including any “hazardous” wastes.
- Make recommendations on methods, modifications, processes, sequencing, etc., that can be implemented to improve safety, operations and efficiency.
Consult with Machine Shop and Assembly Supervisors and Manufacturers on new Technical improvements, developments and aids.
Maintain all pertinent prints, manuals, charts, logs and records necessary for required work assignments.
Provide technical support to engineering and touch labor groups (Machine Shop, Assembly, Space Assembly, Chem. Lab, Test Lab, etc.
Confer with manufacturers, suppliers and the appropriate process owners in problem solving. Contact manufacturers for technical data, parts and service support.
Recommend or specify proper parts, procedures and personnel needed to perform repairs, and work assignments.
10% - Perform general shop and work area upkeep. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
10% - Support other Facilities disciplines, such as: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, IT cabling, adverse weather response, etc.
10% - Other duties as assigned, such as: moves of personnel and furniture, set up for company events, set up for large meetings, etc. Direct and work with suppliers on capital and other projects.
Requires an Associate's degree in an appropriate discipline and at least 3 years of related experience OR a high school diploma (or equivalent) and at least 7 years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Perform all duties with SAFETY as the cornerstone following all Federal, State and Company laws, regulations, standards and policies. This position is exposed to potential occupational hazards therefore, all appropriate safety equipment shall be worn at all time, i.e., safety glasses, steel toed EH rated safety shoes, gloves, face-shields, etc.
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, and have knowledge of safe electrical practices when performing assigned tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license since the employee will drive on company business to carry out job-related duties.
- Ability to read and work with Ladder Diagrams.
- Experience working with intricate electronic circuit diagrams, logic diagrams, and I/O interfaces.
- Work in compliance with all codes, ordinances, specifications, logic diagrams, blue prints, written and verbal information to layout, install construct, rebuild and maintain machinery, equipment, the physical plant and all other company assets.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and available to work overtime, other shifts as required and be on-call as needed for facilities related emergency situations (ie: adverse weather, etc).
- This job requires a high level engagement in our Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program which includes:
- Identify and categorization of equipment;
- Clean/ maintain cleanliness of equipment;
- Eliminate sources of contamination;
- Establish standards;
- Implement and monitor for maintenance upkeep.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.