Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inspector 3 - Assembly and Test
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Inspection - Inspector
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense company specializing in space and defense propulsion products. We are currently seeking an experienced Assembly/Test Inspector who ideally has aerospace experience working with electromechanical space flight components, assemblies and systems. IPC electrical fabrication experience is highly desirable. This is a first shift position that typically works Mondays-Thursdays from 5:30am-4:00pm, but candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules. This position will be located in our Redmond, Washington facility.
Note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Working under general supervision:
50% - Perform mechanical and electrical assembly/test inspection.
20% - Review manufacturing orders and issue kit items.
20% - Qualified to perform all duties of lower inspection grades and perform such duties when applicable and required.
10% - Train lower level inspectors as directed.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred and 3 years of related experience. May require certification in assigned area.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- This position requires basic print reading skills along with the ability to use common inspection tools and instruments with limited instruction or supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must have general computer skills that include MS Word, MS Excel, and use of email.
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Oracle is preferred.
- At least 1 year of related experience as an inspector or assembly technician in an aerospace environment desired.
- Experience with NDT is a plus.
- An Associate's degree in a technical discipline or a two-year certificate from a college or technical school is preferred.
- IPC electrical fabrication experience is highly desirable.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly expected to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Successful passing of initial and annual visual acuity exams required. Employee may need to work near moving mechanical parts or in loud working conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, chemicals or airborne particles. May require the ability to travel by air or auto.