ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ABM Industries Inc
The Account Manager’s responsibility is to interface with the customer and is accountable for providing optimal customer relations and effective janitorial/facilities management practices for assigned client in a cost-effective manner. The Account Manager is also responsible for contract commitments, collecting obligations, gross profit redemption, and continuous renewals.
• Ensures optimal customer relations by maintaining constant communications with customer.
Provides high quality operations and parking service to assure proper performance of janitorial staff for assigned portfolio.
• Oversees activity of parking operations.
• Acts as primary liaison with all customer departments, actively ensuring that service is prompt, responsive, effective and that inter- departmental concerns are addressed and resolved.
• Provides regular monthly written status reports to customer and ABM management. Presents ad hoc status reports as necessary to keep customer management conversant with atypical occurrences, unusual staffing challenges, potential building related interruptions, etc.
• Prepares, recommends and administers with assistance from supervisor, the annual facility budget.
Reports exceptions to supervisor and adjusts budget as necessary.
• Complies with customer and ABM corporate policies (personnel, accounting, technical service, safety and health, ethical conduct, etc.) communicates to subordinates and ensures subordinate compliance.
• Ensures that federal, state and local regulatory requirements are met including DER, OSHA, FLSA, EEO, ADA, etc.
• Schedules and coordinates over-all work priorities.
• Ensures that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented.
• Utilizes maximum capabilities of customer or internal work order control system.
• Develops and/or approves facility quality standards.
• Reviews completed work regularly and ensures that quality standards are met or exceeded to the satisfaction of the customer.
• Monitors service contracts to ensure compliance, addresses and resolves contract disputes
• Develops and negotiates minor construction contracts as assigned.
• Manages purchasing program; approves major purchases; audits purchasing delegated to subordinates.
• Designs and implements administrative systems where ABM or customer standard systems do not exist or must be extensively modified.
• Ensures through subordinate managers that staff receives adequate technical, administrative and other training; participates in training of direct subordinates and supervisors.
• Monitors staff overtime and absenteeism against ABM standards and implements corrective measures as necessary when either exceeds acceptable standards.
• Manages staff in accordance with ABM employee relations philosophy and policies; hires, terminates, recommends salary changes, conducts performance appraisals, counsels and disciplines as necessary; communicates and administers ABM personnel policies.
• If applicable, ensures that labor contract requirements are met; makes routine contract interpretations as required; and maintains a harmonious working relationship with union representatives. Organizes and participates in facility audit activities.
Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience required.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Experienced in preparing and administering operating budgets.
• Working knowledge of janitorial operations. Where there is not a working knowledge, a demonstrated aptitude is required.
• Demonstrated expertise in verbal and written communications.
• Demonstrated willingness to work non-standard days and hours as required.
Proven knowledge of MS office including word, excel and powerpoint.