ABC Legal Services Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Engineer
at ABC Legal Services Inc.
Software Development Engineer
Are you tired of being stuck in endless meetings, being subjected to frequent company reorgs, and having to talk to multiple managers to get anything accomplished? Are you more interested in being part of a small productive development team of an established and profitable company rather than being an employee number at a mega corporation? Check this out!
ABC Legal is a locally owned company of 350 employees and thousands of independent contractors, headquartered in Seattle with a nationwide footprint. We file and serve legal documents for law firms--and are the technology leaders in our industry.
Our technology group builds software and infrastructure solutions to support our nationwide operations. Law firms use our website to monitor status on cases; independent contractors use our mobile apps all day every day to record geo-tagged events, take photos, and e-sign declarations; our employees use our desktop application to provide customer support and keep legal documents (electronic and printed) flowing.
Our culture is casual, open, and direct. We support independent thinking--freeing you to do your best work.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our technology group offers a unique, fun, and challenging opportunity for the right person. Here’s what is great about our technology team:
- We have an awesome team size. Our group is small enough that every one of us has direct and meaningful impact on our business, but big enough that no one has to go it alone or work long hours. You will wear enough different hats to be challenged...but you don’t have to wear them all.
- We have an awesome company size. You get the family atmosphere of a start-up without the funding worries. The company has a flat hierarchy with very little middle management and a minimal amount of red tape.
- Our product management is effective. We have strong and accountable product ownership. Many domain experts work in the same building and it is common practice to just walk up and talk to them in person to get clarification on requirements.
- Our work / life balance is real. We take long vacations, work normal hours, and lead varied lives.
- We trust each other. From the CEO down, we have strong support for trying new ideas and changing processes to make them better. Teams communicate well and trust each other.
- We have a cool office in a cool place. We work in a renovated historic Japanese theater with a rooftop deck with a water view. For lunch, we walk to crazy-good cuisine of all styles in the International District.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for Software engineers who enjoy implementing new features and are not afraid to learn many parts of our system along the way (including database, server side and client side). We are a team of senior engineers. We discuss design decisions within the group and are always open to consult each other on implementation details. Our general operating mode however is that once someone signs up for a task they own it and champions it through to completion. The ideal candidate would be a senior engineer that is used to diving into a task and finding a solution, or a junior engineer with a self-starter mentality who is not afraid to get accustomed to many parts of our system and work towards finishing projects more and more independently over time. We all respect each other and don’t hold grudges when the group makes a decision that doesn’t fully align with one’s preference on the particular matter. If you generally have strong opinions on design decisions and have a history of not being able to move on after your team decides against you, then this is probably not a good fit for you. If our team’s mentality suits you and your skills overlap with the skills listed below, then we want to hear from you.
Required Technical Skills:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field experience.
- Java (C#, C or similar object oriented languages are acceptable too)
- Web UI framework like Angular\ React\Vue etc.
Desired Technical Skills:
- AWS and any popular cloud platform.
- Velocity or other templating libraries
- Mobile Development: Android & iOS
- Relational databases: SQL, postgres
- Persistence frameworks such as iBATIS or Hibernate
- Web service technologies like JAX-WS
- The Spring Framework, Spring Web MVC
- The Swing Toolkit
- Jasper Reports
- Multi-threaded programming and concurrency issues
- Automated testing tools such as JUnit